‘Tis the season to be merry… but it doesn’t mean you need to break your budget to have a good time.
We feel extremely honoured when we’re asked to help families set up for their futures. Parents really are the unsung heroes of our community – goodness knows you deserve a medal the way you work so hard to get get your kids to school – through school – and beyond!
You give them encouragement and financial support to dance, swim, and play footy outside school. Not to mention saving hard for that family holiday – and still more saving for trust funds and investment properties.
I’m sure you could really do with a break to your pocket and your stress levels. So here are 12 cheap and cheerful ideas to have a Christmas your family will never forget…
- Dress up in Santa outfits complete with shaving cream beards and play street cricket
- Watch Christmas movie flicks like Home Alone or The Muppet Christmas Carol
- Visit your local Carols By Candlelight (or watch it on TV)
- DIY Christmas cards: see BuzzFeed’s 23 cards you can make in under an hour!
- Decorate the Christmas tree together – then decorate each other
- Search the house for stuff you’ve never used (still with tags) and wrap it up for a Wishing Tree
- Have a beach picnic (10 Tips for the perfect beach picnic according to Reader’s Digest)
- Take a Christmas light tour around the neighbourhood
- Make Kris Kringle Cookies: give each other cookie gifts
- Make reindeer food out of oats and glitter to sprinkle a path to your tree
- Toast marshmallows over candles by the light of the Christmas tree and sing carols
- Take your younger kids to the dollar shop to buy presents for their siblings
- Bonus tip: Get reindeer antlers for the dog – and the rest of the family!
I hope you find these ideas useful. What are your family traditions? Post a message or photo with hashtag #WeAreFamily on the Simple Property Investment Facebook page.
Have a safe and happy Christmas. And a wonderful start to 2018!